I had my first article published on Monday! It was my article of the fencing team with my photos. I think that it came out well, except for the fact that some edited my article and messed up one of the lines in the first paragraph. I have no problem with them adding commas and rewording sentences to IMPROVE them, however they took a correct sentence and made it incoherent. Now I can't have that article in my resume without having to explain over and over again that, yes, I do know how to make a coherent sentence and it wasn't my fault. I couldn't really do anything about it anyways because it was the second to last paper and there really isn't a point of complaining when the semester is almost over. I just have to be watchful of how people edit my articles in the future. Someone also didn't use one of the photos I had selected for the article and the caption was incorrect. But next semester the photo editors will be on the night desk and make sure that every photo in the paper is correct before it is sent to be printed.
So for the next couple of days I will be studying for my finals and just getting this semester over with. I can't wait to get home and start working and hanging out with my friends. Unless something big happens or I get bored, don't expect to see an update.
Here are the last photos I took for the paper.


No comments:
Post a Comment